Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Big Day!

Today is MacKenzie's big day! She took her first real steps! She was holding on to one of her walk-behind toys with one hand. She left go, looked at me and took one step! Then she looked down at her feet and back to me, and took another step, and then sat down. She was sooo proud of herself! (I was proud of her too...we clapped and laughed after she sat down.) A little while later, she took three steps from where she had been standing up along side of a big Rubbermaid container over to the glider in her nursery. No hands, no help...just boom, boom, boom...three steps right in a row, like it was second nature! Boy, are we in trouble! It's only a matter of time now before she is unstoppable and has bumps and bruises all over. Look out, toddler-times...here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Patti! What a huge moment! I am in awe of your baby girl. It is as if she came into this world knowing her purpose and can't wait to get there. For all of our sakes, and especially yours, I hope she slows down just a little so the rest of us can catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to MacKenzie. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete