Saturday, February 11, 2012

Drawing Faces

Today, MacKenzie had another big "first"! She was drawing on her new (new to her, anyway...we bought it at a thrift shop!) "My Little Pony" magnetic drawing board/book. She drew eyes, a nose and a mouth! She said what she was drawing with each step. She drew the pony's face!

She amazes me every day. I can't believe how much she has grown...her personality, as well as her body!

We bought her some 4T clothes today, and they fit! Some were a little too big, but not by much! And she is only 2 years and 3 1/2 months old!

She had a big-girl lunch date with her Pop, David, and his fiance Peggy. We all went to a funeral of a family friend this morning. Afterwards, we stopped (by coincidence) at the same restaurant for a bite to eat. MacKenzie sat with Pop at his table and ate her lunch without her Momma and Daddy! I was proud of her, and of Pop too! What a fun thing to watch...and I got to eat my lunch without interruptions!

Julia would have loved to see MacKenzie at this stage. She only got to see her once when she was a little baby.

I will go to sleep tonight, loving life just a little more, and knowing that Julia made all of our lives richer. Her legacy is strong: facing life's difficulties with grace and loving life completely...her father described it as "pedaling all the way downhill"...I hope that I can pass that affirmation of "living out loud" on to MacKenzie. Thank you, Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment