Friday, October 22, 2010

Fast & Furious

Oh, boy, are the new things coming fast now! MacKenzie is really growing and learning at a good clip these days!

Vocabulary: Momma, Daddy, "Hi, Cat!", more, and bump.

She can put things "in" and take them "out" (out is definitely her favorite...her pajama drawer is particularly fun to empty!). She climbs on low things like the bottom shelf of her downstairs changing table. She takes things off the bottom of her toy shelf in the dining room and crawls up there. She even liked climbing on Capt. MacGregor's wooden box at the Cedar Creek Civil War reenactment this past weekend!

MacKenzie charmed her way around Cedar Creek. She had the musicians from the neighboring unit wrapped around her little finger! She looked so cute in her period correct Boone dress that we picked up in Gettysburg and the wool capelet that I made for her. She even had little moccasins on her feet! She sure did dance in those moccasins!

MacKenzie is really walking now! She is even trying to run a little. Whew, is it getting tiring chasing after her!

Nights have been a challenge this last week. MacKenzie is getting new teeth! Poor thing...four teeth are trying to push through, all at the same time. One has made it, so now she officially has five teeth. She's had a fever, is very cranky (wouldn't you be, if four pointy teeth were poking their way through your tender baby gums?), and has a stuffy nose.

Now that it gets dark earlier, MacKenzie has been going to bed a lot earlier. She used to stay up until 10pm or later. Now, I can barely get her to stay up until 8 or 8:30! Of course, that means she gets up earlier too...I liked it sooo much better the other way!

Tomorrow night is the second time we are leaving her with someone else for the evening. The first time, we went on a date while we were visiting family in Pensacola. She stayed with her Great-grandma Myra and her Aunt Kim & Aunt Chris. This time, we are going to see the Blue Man Group in Hershey. Nana & Pop got us tickets for my birthday. I am very anxious about leaving without her. I know she will be fine, but I am finding it very hard regardless. I hope that I will be able to have fun...

I will update with photos soon...I am technologically challenged with my new camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment